File a Complaint

Citizens wishing to file a complaint against an employee/officer of the Police Department may do so in several different ways:

1. Download the Complaint Document, complete it, and either bring or mail to the Police Department;
2. Contact any supervisor; or
3. Contact the Internal Affairs Office (IAO).

The IAO is open during normal business hours and located in the Sherman Police Department at 317 South Travis. If you prefer, you may call the IAO, write a letter, or email to begin the process.

Texas State Law requires that all complaints against police officers must be in writing and signed by the person making the complaint.