Fees & Information To Transfer
Residential customers with existing service with the City of Sherman may transfer service within Sherman. To transfer service, please contact the Customer & Utility Services Department at 903-892-7237. There is a $30 transfer fee applied to the new account. The following applies when transferring service.
- A final bill will be generated for your old account and the balance remaining will be transferred to your new account.
- Any past due balance on your current account must be paid.
- Depending on the location of your new address in the city, your garbage pick-up day may also change. Please contact the Solid Waste Services Department at 903-892-7261 to confirm your new day.
- If you utilize our bank draft or credit card payment option, this information will NOT automatically transfer to your new address. If you wish to continue your automated payment, contact our office at 903-892-7237.
- Should you need to change your service date(s), contact our office prior to your scheduled date.
- Water will be shut off at your old address as early as 8:00 am on the scheduled date. If you need water on that day, please schedule the closing for the following business day.
- You may leave the water services on at your old address for a period of 14 days from the connect date at the new address (including weekends).
- Your new service will be assigned a new account number. If utilizing online account access, you will need to add the new account to your registration.