Sherman citizens receive weekly trash service. Residents are given a collection cart with the choice of 100-gallon or 65-gallon cart size. All residential customers should place their trash inside the cart for collection on their scheduled day. Rules for collection and charges for service are as follows:
- All trash must be placed inside the cart and the lid must be closed.
- Brush must be trimmed to a length of three feet or less and placed inside the cart with the lid closed.
- Carts must be placed at curbside unless other locations are approved.
- Carts must not remain at curb on non collection days.
- Carts must be ready for collection at 7:00 am on collection day.
- The serial number on the cart shall face the street.
- Yard trimmings must be placed in the cart.