- City Services
- Online Resources
- Homework Help Links for Teens
Homework Help Links for Teens
- TexShare Databases: You can find various useful databases by clicking on By Subject, then K-12 Resources. If you're trying to write a paper, these are good academic sources you can use! Databases include:
- Credo Complete Core Collection
- Explora - High School
- Gale in Context: Opposing Viewpoints
- Gale in Context: Science
- LearningExpress Library (this one includes practice tests for the SAT, ACT, and much more)
- MAS Complete
- Middle Search Plus
- TOPIC Search
Please contact the Sherman Public Library at 903-892-7240 for Texshare login information.
- World Book Online: Check out Timelines for history, Discover for both simplified and detailed versions of articles, Student for articles geared toward middle school learning, and Advanced for in-depth articles geared towards high school students.
- Reading lists: See our page here.
History and Social Studies
- The Camelot Project: An online compilation by the Rossell Hope Robbins Library of the University of Rochester about the Arthurian legends.
- Genealogy Primer: By the Statue of Liberty—Ellis Island Foundation, Inc. See here for more genealogy resources from Sherman Public Library.
- Military Resources: World War I: From the National Archive, articles on the War. Includes links to other sites which include songs and maps.
- LOC Prints & Photographs: Over 1 million digitized images from the Library of Congress. Collections include World War I posters, photographs relating to the Civil War, and much more.
- Teen Ink: Creative works by teens, for teens
- AAA Know: Math explanations and practice problems for grades K-8
- Web Math: Math solver that shows the steps taken to solve a problem
- TeensHealth: The articles on physical and mental health are geared toward teens, and there are loads of answers to questions teens might have but are too embarrassed or afraid to ask about.
- WHO: Health Topics
- Ology - American Museum of Natural History
- NASA - Space Place
- Engineer Girl
- Algodoo - A Virtual Physics Lab
- HowStuffWorks: Innovation