General Circulation Information
- A patron must present his/her library card or other valid ID to check out materials or equipment and submit interlibrary loan and courier requests. Card or Social Security number must be used when renewing by phone.
- Books may be secured from Grayson County College or Denison Public Library through a courier service. Fill out a request at the service desk on the forms provided. Please limit online courier holds to five per day.
- Employees are required to check out materials in the same manner as the general public. They are responsible for paying fines when incurred before the card is used again.
- Interlibrary loan requests are submitted to reference. The loan period is set by the library lending the books. See Interlibrary Loans for lending requirements.
- Limitations may be placed on the number of items which may be checked out on a particular subject. Special arrangements may also be made with the Public Services Department, if necessary, for various programs and projects.
- Reserves may be placed on books in our catalog. Title requests will be accepted for books not in the collection.
Loan Periods Are as Follows
- Books - Two weeks
- DVDs - Three days
- Audio Books - Two weeks
- Music CDs - Two weeks
Books and materials may be brought inside to return during library hours. A book drop is available for returning items. The drop is located next to the temporary library at 1000 N East Street in Sherman.